atw: Re: Fields of Tech Communication

  • From: "Garry Stevens" <Garry.Stevens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 09:25:39 +1100

How do:

I've worked on doco in a number of different industries, from paint product=
s to space-vehicle launch risk hazard analysis. I find these usually more f=
un than documenting yet another daft software product. You certainly  get t=
o learn a lot. Working in manufacturing also has a side advantage of a high=
ly subsidied canteen.

As for losing skills, I can't quite see how that would happen. 80-90% of my=
 work the past decade has been with Word on a Windows box, and I expect the=
 next five years will be the same.=20

Garry

The information in this e-mail is intended for the named recipient only.=20
It may contain privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not t=
he intended recipient, you must not disclose, copy, distribute, take any ac=
tion or reliance on it.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please =
notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail.

Warning: E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-fre=
e. The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presen=
ce of viruses. The sender does not accept liability for any errors or omiss=
ions in the contents of this message.=20