atw: Re: Extra spacing after full stop

I happen to prefer the double spacing after a full stop (period).  I reckon
it looks and reads better. So there.
It is easy to edit singles to doubles then tidy up.

An argument usually stops when you wave the Style Guide around.  I do it
when it suits me (Oops, maybe I shouldn't have said that)

I lost absolute faith in the Chicago when it states that you must put a
period after an elipsis ....
(I am not making this up)

I am seem to remember that the CR/LF issue dates to mainframe printers.
You could set a CR (Carriage Return) that returned to the beginning of the
line - why I have no idea.
A LF (Line Feed) moved to the next line down - and maybe not to the
beginning.
Imagine that you are programming a plotter, rather than typing a letter.

A combined CR/LF is what you get with a typewriter lever, and that has now
moved into word processing.

Bob T (Snr)