atw: Re: Dinosaurs and punctuation

  • From: "Terry Dowling" <Terrence.Dowling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2011 10:56:39 +0800

So where do you bathe in your 'bathroom'? Irky pirky, cold baths!! No
problems peeing in the bath, then? That would warm it up. J

In my house, if people ask where the bathroom is, I tell them. If
they're lucky and they really wanted the toilet, they'll find it nearby.
If they ask for the restroom, I direct them to the bedrooms (again
nearby - 'tis a 3x1, after all) and ask them if they want something more
comfortable to slip into. Some of the blokes get a little disconcerted.

My ex's grandparents were Scots and probably older by far. (He's still
kicking at 110.) They always used to say 'toilet'.

Cheers,

Terry

From: Rebecca Caldwell

In my household it has always been "bathroom" and never "toilet" or
"lavatory".