atw: Re: Custom Document Property question

"What started it off was that I wanted to add a custom field to the Document
Properties panel , and you can't do that."

Wow, you're not asking for much.

From: austechwriter-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:austechwriter-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of McShane, Sonja A
Sent: Friday, 29 April 2011 9:49 AM
To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: atw: Re: Custom Document Property question

What started it off was that I wanted to add a custom field to the Document
Properties panel , and you can't do that.

But even apart from that, my situation is that the template I'm building
will be completed by people creating an application, system, service or
product. So I need  a field to use to automatically update to whatever they
creating. The problem is that I need the word to be inserted as either all
lower case, or with an initial cap. You can't create two fields with the
same name with one of the names capped-Word doesn't recognise the
capitalisation.

Anyway, at the end of yesterday when I'd finally sorted it all out, Word
lost my document L  It's tied in with SharePoint and for the life of me I
can't find where the saved drafts were stored (it is very bizarre), so today
I am on a mission to get it back! Grrrrrr

When I get it back I'll tackle it with fresh eyes and the knowledge I gained
yesterday, go back to basics and start again. If I get it back...

Sonja