atw: Re: Custom Document Property question

.don't see why you are creating a quick part.  It works with just creating
the property, then finding it as a field.

From: austechwriter-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:austechwriter-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of McShane, Sonja A
Sent: Thursday, 28 April 2011 4:02 PM
To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: atw: Re: Custom Document Property question

After more research I found a simple workaround that I'd like to share. It's
from WordBanter.com (http://www.wordbanter.com/showthread.php?t=136691) and
was provided by Raskol. These are his words, not mine:

1.    After having created your custom document property, insert the
document property into the document, highlight and save into quick part
gallery.

2.    Click 'Insert' Tab, 'Quick Parts' and then 'Field...'

3.    Select 'DocProperty' from the field names, then select your custom
property on the right, then click OK.

4.    Highlight the item that you just inserted and select 'Quick Parts'
again, then this time select 'Save selection to Quick Part Gallery'.

That's it. you know have a Quick Part of your custom Document property, it
automatically updates when the property changes.

Sonja