atw: Re: Convert from PDF to Word

  • From: Stuart Burnfield <slb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Austechwriter <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 10:44:51 +0800 (WST)

Hi again Ilana -

This came up on TECHWR-L the other day:

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian.Henderson
Sent: Friday, March 23, 2012 1:30 PM
To: [1]techwr-l -at- techwr-l -dot- com
Subject: RE: PDF-to-Unformatted-Mess Conversion

I just ran across this program. Judging by what has been said recently
on this subject, I'd be surprised if it can do what the description
promises. But, for what it's worth:

Wondershare PDF-to-Word Converter - $30 (also has free trial)
[2]http://www.wondershare.com/pdf-converter/pdf-to-word-converter.html

Wondershare PDF to Word Converter is an accurate and powerful PDF to
Word utility to help you convert PDF files to editable Word documents.
It preserves all the contents as well as layouts and formatting.
-Convert PDF file to editable Word document, with all the original
text,
images, graphics, hyperlinks, layout and formatting exactly preserved.
-The output Word document has no text boxes which makes PDF editing
easier.
-Support exporting Microsoft Office Word 2003/2007/2010.
-Support converting encrypted PDF files which are protected from
printing, editing, and copying.
-Batch conversion - Convert up to 200 PDF files at one time.
-Partial conversion - Select any pages or page ranges from multi-page
PDF file to convert.
-Shortcut conversion - Right click on a PDF file and convert it into a
Word document without launching the program.

Honorary austechwriter Dan Goldstein replied:
"I've tried Wondershare on Word, and I think it's the bee's knees. YMMV."

... and Dan knows his stuff.

You said you wanted a free tool, but if this really does a good job (and
there's a trial version you can use to verify that it does) it should you save
you many hours of tedious manual reformatting.

Stuart