atw: Re: Contract opportunity - things that make me mad!!!

  • From: "Howard Silcock" <howard.silcock@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Austechwriter" <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 22:01:30 +1000

Knitting pattern writer?? I thought that role would have been computerised
long ago.

As far as I can recall (haven't looked at a pattern in years), knitting
patterns are even more mechanical than cooking recipes. I'm sure there must
be algorithms now to adapt patterns to all kinds of differences in size or
other requirements - after all, it's just a change in parameters.

I wonder if the training tells you things like the difference between plain
and purl. Surely there must be *some* prerequisites! (No, I'm not going to
join Debbie! In any case, do you think there'd be scope for a knitting
pattern writer with a security clearance? What a mind-boggling opportunity
that would be!)

Howard