atw: Re: Clone vs Clone

  • From: "Brian A Clarke" <brianclarke01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 20:08:05 +1000

Sorry Peter,

Computers bear so little resemblance to the mechanisms of RNA and
DNA that I am surprised that anyone would make such a claim. But
then, I'm continuously surprised at how ignorant even our best media
journalists are about anything scientific.

My own view is that to talk of cloning and computing in the same
sentence, let alone the same breath, is to extend a metaphor beyond
its ballistic limit.

Even Nikki's initial cry was full of unexploded metaphors. Let's keep
it simple so that computer-dependent,  science illiterate, homo
non-sapiens can use it.

Brian.