From: austechwriter-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:austechwriter-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Elizabeth Fullerton
Sent: Wednesday, 25 March 2009 11:45 AM
To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: atw: Re: Can you have Office 2007 installed at the same time as
Office 2003 (and different instances running concurrently)? - UPDATE

I thought I'd let you know that I've got this working (as far as I can
tell).

I initially tried installing 2007, but our company has the install files
configured to blatt 2003, so once I realised this, I cancelled out, only by
this time it had blatted 2003. I was able to reinstall 2003 (didn't even
lose my Normal.dot, for which I was very grateful, I hadn't backed it up!) -
but having blatted Outlook 2003, I couldn't reinstall it (short story - I've
been using the Outlook webmail interface for the last few days.).

I did the recommended research, and discovered that you can use the command
line to open up the setup configuration editor, so I created a new setup
configuration file which said not to blatt any previous versions of Office
(there are heaps of things in there by the way, might be interesting to
investigate one day). Then, of course, it demanded the product key, which
wasn't available to me, because it was all embedded in the original config
file, so I had to wait a couple of days for someone to find it for me
(though, now I'm wonderng if I could have accessed it using the setup config
editor.) (I've been a bit stupid lately, so it's entirely possible).

Anyway, now running Outlook 2007, which I don't mind because it hasn't
really fundamentally changed. And have successfully opened Word 2003 and
2007 - I'm assuming the rest works ok, too.

Office 2003 (and different instances running concurrently)?

Ah, good information, I'll check out Woody.

Thanks.

  _____