atw: Re: Australian source of citation advice [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Austechies,

I am applying for a position that has a three-part recruitment process
including a writing test and submission of a portfolio. It's the first time
I've gone for a permanent job with the title of Technical Writer as I've had
some contract TW roles in the past but have mostly had mostly training roles
with a heavy writing component.

Does anyone have any advice for:
1. putting together a successful portfolio
2. what to expect from a writing test and how best to prepare for one

I've read some great posts on Tom Johnson's blog (I'd rather be writing),
Scott Abel's site (The Content Wrangler) and Craig Haiss' Helpscribe, but
I'm looking for insights into local practices.

Thanks in advance
Jasmine Andrews