atw: Re: Amazing disappearing headers (Word 2003)

  • From: Neil Maloney <maloneyn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 13:08:23 +1000

If the document is behaving itself, "Same as Previous" can be turned off by selecting the "Link to Previous" button, which acts as an on/off toggle:

Word 2007 -- Header & Footer Tools | Design | Navigation | Link to Previous

Word 2003 -- View | Header and Footer | Link to Previous

If the problem is that e.g. the "Link to Previous" button is greyed out or otherwise refuses to work, the VBA code (for Word 2003) is:

    Sub Turn_Off_Same_As_Previous()

Selection.HeaderFooter.LinkToPrevious = Not Selection.HeaderFooter.LinkToPrevious

    End Sub

Otherwise, aside from rebuilding the document from scratch or moving the contents into a new document based on a clean version of Normal.dot, if you would like to send me the document or an example part thereof, I'll have a look at it!

Neil.

On 24/09/2010 12:48 PM, Jill Nicholson wrote:
Here is another header problem - how do I get rid of the */same as previous/* when it is a default???
Jill
Jill Nicholson
N&H Communications
2 Park Ave, Roseville