atw: Re: A very simple visio to word question

  • From: Michael Granat <megranat@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 12:21:17 +1000

Hi Jill (N)

Try selecting precisely what you want and saving / exporting it as a
Windows Metafile (WMF) graphic. (What you select is what exports.)

Then import (Insert > Picture > From file) that WMF into your Word
document.

(I recommend creating an empty, single cell table, with or without
borders as you see fit, into which you place the text cursor, before
inserting a picture.  Then the graphic will resize to fit within the page
borders properly, as it inserts.)

HTH.

Regards,

Michael Granat
Write Ideas
www.writeideas.com.au

At 11:54 25/05/2006, you wrote:

I am importing a Visio diagram into a Word doc, but I am also importing a large white space at the bottom of the diagram. I cannot get rid of the white space despite trying various methods of transfer etc etc for quite a time.
This has never happened before - does anyone know what I can do to get rid of the white space while keeping the proportions of the diagram? The diagram is an object not a picture.
Thanks
Jill

Jill Nicholson
N&H Communications
2 Park Ave
ROSEVILLE,  NSW 2069
61+2+94174302
<mailto:jpnicho@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>jpnicho@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.nhcommunications.com.au

No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.1.394 / Virus Database: 268.7.1/347 - Release Date: 24/05/2006

Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.