atw: IT procedures and policies- which to buy?

  • From: "Garry Stevens, Technical writer & trainer" <gstevens@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 10:19:54 +1000

Hi All:

I'm starting a job at an organisation to develop IT procedures and policies. We've agreed to buy a standard set and modify those. I've had a look around the interwebs and found a variety available, ranging from $40 to $500. Most sites are rather coy about showing you many samples.

Can anyone recommend a good set? Cost is immaterial: in fact, we'd prefer to pay more to get a really comprehensive set. They have to be modifiable in Word, and free of copyright to the using organisation.

Garry