atw: Chicago Manual of Style 16th edition.

  • From: "Lewington, Warren J (WT)" <warren.lewington.ext@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 00:17:59 -0400

Just finally got sick of not having my CMoS handy at workplaces after a pesky
style problem had me flummoxed or maybe even in an unrisen soufflé sort of fix.
I decided to grab a subscription to the online version and have now finished
checking and using the online version. I have the hard cover 14th edition which
has faithfully served me for over a decade and I suppose will continue to, but
during the online purchase I was offered the online subscription at $5.00 off,
as well as the print edition at half price. I think because I chose the two
year subscription, I received another discount too. Worth a look.

The online version is excellent so far, I am not sure I even need the print
version now! Guurrring curmudgeonly. However I will reserve judgement because I
know the CMoS does still feel very "booky" in content from the heaviness of the
information in some sections.

The online version also offers forums and some extensive Q&A areas and some
other things.

While you are snooping around the University of Chicago Press website, happen
upon the review for "The Subversive Copy Editor" and read through to the third
paragraph. Go on, you know you want to.

Really, you should... Third paragraph...

Regards,

Warren Lewington
Technical Writer
Memcor Products Asia
Siemens Water Technologies

Memcor Australia Pty Ltd
15 Blackman Crescent
South Windsor
NSW 2756
Australia
warren.lewington.ext@xxxxxxxxxxx
Phone:  +61 (0) 2 4577-0869
Fax:    +61 (0) 2 4577-0002
http://www.siemens.com/memcor

Interested in Water Reuse? Learn more at www.siemens.com/memcor_evo6

Confidentiality Note: This e-mail message and any attachments to it are
intended only for the named recipients and may contain confidential
information. If you are not one of the intended recipients, please do not
duplicate or forward this e-mail message and immediately delete it from your
computer.