atw: ASTC: Reminder: Learn to use InDesign workshop Sat, 23 Sep

  • From: SUNTER Bede <Bede_SUNTER@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 15:39:13 +1000

Dear all,
Reminder about our workshop next Saturday 23 September.
If you're interested, please book as bookings must close at CoB Tuesday
19 Sep. (Booking information is at the end of this message.) We will
have to cancel if we don't get enough confirmed bookings: simply showing
up on the day isn't possible.

Details about the workshop follow.
Presenter: Sonja Raahauge

If you want to create great-looking documents with lots of images, you
should take this opportunity to upgrade your skills to include InDesign.

It's great for producing newsletters, brochures, flyers, advertisements
and such.

In the workshop, you will create a double-sided flyer while learning
about the various design components including fonts, images and layouts.

You will also receive valuable tips about layout of text and images
(such as how to make text flow around images).

Sonja Raahauge, a professional graphic artist, will show you how to
correctly package a document for printing, to ensure that the printer
receives all the required files to get a high quality printed finish.
Knowing how to prepare a document for print will save lots of time,
money and stress, such as including bleed with crop marks, that will
help you to create a smarter, more professional, looking document.

Note: you will need a laptop-bring your own or we can hire one for you

Cost of workshop: $168.00.00 for ASTC members $190.00 for non-members.
Bring your own laptop (or we can hire one for you for $150).  Software
will be available on the day. Book early as numbers are strictly
limited!

Where: Sydney Mechanics School of Arts, Level 1, 280 Pitt Street,
When: Saturday, 23 Sep 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Want to know more?  Contact info@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  for bookings or information.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachment to it are intended only to be
read or used by the named addressee. It is confidential and may contain legally
privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by
any mistaken transmission to you. The RTA is not responsible for any
unauthorised alterations to this e-mail or attachment to it. Views expressed in
this message are those of the individual sender, and are not necessarily the
views of the RTA. If you receive this e-mail in error, please immediately
delete it from your system and notify the sender. You must not disclose, copy
or use any part of this e-mail if you are not the intended recipient.