[austechwriter] Re: Resumes are a show case for a Tech Writer

  • From: "Rod Ward" <rod.w@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 15:53:53 +0800

<snip>Don't forget it is ONLY a cv, you are supposed to do the =
"presentation" in=20
person.</snip>

Yeah but that's just the point. If I was going for a job where MS Word =
skills were the main judgement criteria then I would make my resume the =
most impressively professional MS Word doc the potential employer had =
ever seen.

If however I was going for a job that claimed "the applicant must =
possess outstanding skills in HTML and graphic media, plus a highly =
developed understanding of web technologies yada yada yada", then why =
not do it in outstandingly skillful HTML and highly developed web yada =
yada?

The objective of the CV/Resume/WhoAreYa.* document is to impress the =
potential boss or recruiter enough to get on the invite list for the =
interviews.=20

THEN I get to wow 'em with my "presentation".

So somebody's already thought of hiring a semi-trailer for a resume, eh? =
Darn!

Maybe if I jumped out of a cake wearing nothing but a laptop...