[austechwriter] Re: Resumes are a show case for a Tech Writer

  • From: Craig Bligh <Craig.Bligh@xxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 15:29:20 +1000

Mike,

To which usage guides are you referring? There are only two instances where
you'd use an apostrophe - to indicate possessives and omitted letters. Since
_CV's_ is a plural, it doesn't apply (unless of course you're referring to
something that belongs to the CV).

If you can get your hands on the AGPS Style Guide, check out 6.160 to 6.180.
It _does_ allow apostrophes to avoid confusion (the example they give is
'dot the i's and cross the t's'), but I don't think _CV's_ applies here.

Craig Bligh
Technical Writer, Product Development
MXL Consolidated Pty Ltd
Level 3, 62 Pitt Street
Sydney NSW 2000
Phone +61 2 8249 0000
Fax +61 2 8249 0099
Email craig.bligh@xxxxxxx
www.mxl.com

Wise Software Solutions for the Global Education Market