[austechwriter] Re: Resumes are a show case for a Tech Writer

  • From: Stuart Burnfield <sburnf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 11:48:29 +0800

I agree with Bruce. Even if a 'good enough' resume doesn't
make a negative impression, you've passed up an opportunity
to make a positive impression.

Most TWs like to say in their application or interview that they
have a fanatical attention to detail, deep knowledge of Acrobat
and Word, marvellous skills at writing and organising information,
blah blah zzzzzzz.

When you look the interviewer in the eye and say, "I have
(eh hmm) marvellous skills at writing and organising information,
as my numerous references and close relations can attest," it
makes your case harder if your resume says the equivalent of
"I can writ good!"
---
Stuart Burnfield
Information Developer ("Will writ good for cash")
Australian Programming Centre