[austechwriter] Re: Resumes are a show case for a Tech Writer

  • From: Craig Bligh <Craig.Bligh@xxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 13:41:50 +1000

Can't say I blame you too much John - I think almost everyone uses it. It's
even found its way into TV ads, billboards, product doco (saw it in my DVD
player's manual)... It's easy to see why most people use it when it's used
in such 'official' places.

Even my other half uses it and she's an English teacher! <Think of the
children, won't somebody pleeease think of the children!>

I wonder how long it will be before we as tech writers are forced to adopt
it as 'common usage'? <shudder>

Cheers,
Craig

Craig Bligh
Technical Writer, Product Development
MXL Consolidated Pty Ltd
Level 3, 62 Pitt Street
Sydney NSW 2000
Phone +61 2 8249 0000
Fax +61 2 8249 0099
Email craig.bligh@xxxxxxx
www.mxl.com

Wise Software Solutions for the Global Education Market

>Point taken Craig, an old habit that refuses to die!  Must be the bad
influence of some of my >colleagues here.  Should stick to para. 7.84 of the
Style Manual.  Naughty, naughty.