[austechwriter] Re: Resumes are a show case for a Tech Writer

  • From: "John Brooke" <John_Brooke@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 13:29:52 +1000

Point taken Craig, an old habit that refuses to die!  Must be the bad
influence of some of my colleagues here.  Should stick to para. 7.84 of the
Style Manual.  Naughty, naughty.

cheers

John Brooke

|---------+---------------------------------->
|         |           Craig Bligh            |
|         |           <Craig.Bligh@xxxxxxx>  |
|         |           Sent by:               |
|         |           austechwriter-bounce@fr|
|         |           eelists.org            |
|         |                                  |
|         |                                  |
|         |           03/07/2003 12:58 PM    |
|         |           Please respond to      |
|         |           austechwriter          |
|         |                                  |
|---------+---------------------------------->

  |       To:       austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                 |
  |       cc:
                                 |
  |       Subject:  [austechwriter] Re: Resumes are a show case for a Tech
Writer                                |

John,

<snip>I don't know how many CV's you received, nor the quality of those
CV's</snip>

I would have done the same in your situation - there's nothing more
frustrating than being 'baited' and teased when you've been out of work for
a few months. Last year I was down to my last few bucks and this happened
all the time with some of the cowboy IT agencies.

But at the risk of igniting debate on English usage, I'd have to say that
I'd reject the CV of anyone who uses _CV's_ (or _CD's_, _TV's_ etc.)
instead
of _CVs_.

This e-mail is confidential.  If you are not the intended recipient, any use,
disclosure or copying of this document is unauthorised and prohibited.  If you
have received this document in error, please delete the email and notify me by
return email or by phoning the NEMMCO Helpdesk on 1300 300 295.