[austechwriter] Re: Resumes are a show case for a Tech Writer

John,

<snip>I don't know how many CV's you received, nor the quality of those
CV's</snip>

I would have done the same in your situation - there's nothing more
frustrating than being 'baited' and teased when you've been out of work for
a few months. Last year I was down to my last few bucks and this happened
all the time with some of the cowboy IT agencies.

But at the risk of igniting debate on English usage, I'd have to say that
I'd reject the CV of anyone who uses _CV's_ (or _CD's_, _TV's_ etc.) instead
of _CVs_.

Sorry mate, I'm a bit of a pedant, but I use it as my acid test for English
language usage and I know a lot of my colleagues do too. I'm a firm believer
that professional writers shouldn't give a potential employer any reason to
reject their CV on spellos, typos or incorrect usage.

Craig Bligh
Technical Writer, Product Development
MXL Consolidated Pty Ltd
Level 3, 62 Pitt Street
Sydney NSW 2000
Phone +61 2 8249 0000
Fax +61 2 8249 0099
Email craig.bligh@xxxxxxx
www.mxl.com

Wise Software Solutions for the Global Education Market

www.freelist.org/archives/austechwriter

austechwriter-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx