[austechwriter] Re: Resumes are a show case for a Tech Writer

  • From: Michael Edward Granat <megranat@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2003 12:15:09 +1000

Sure Mike (West) & Al (Forge).

Remember that, after the recruiters get a hold of your r=E9sum=E9, then=
 remove=20
all of the personal information to comply with the Privacy act, then cut it=
=20
up to slip it into their pro-forma document few, if any r=E9sum=E9s reach=20
prospective clients as originally intended.  (What appears to be typos can=
=20
often be what's left after names, addresses, contacts and context are=20
removed and the content is rearranged.)

Top that off with the fact that no two PCs will show the same Word file in=
=20
the same way (depending on Windows and Word flavour, system fonts, display=
=20
cards, the default printer driver and the US Imperial or Metric settings in=
=20
use at the time the file is opened) and you begin to understand why=20
I  prefer sending my promotional documents as Acrobat files or as RTF=20
(which you can open with almost anything) before someone asks "Whats up=
 .DOC?".

Cheers.

Michael Granat
Write Ideas