[austechwriter] Re: Resumes are a show case for a Tech Writer

  • From: Michael West <mbwest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2003 09:57:43 +1000

----- Original Message -----
From: <AForge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> But probably only 10-20%
> off the CVs I saw even used Word styles properly. Most of them had two or
> three styles and one hellavalotta manual formatting. (am I being overly
> judgmental on this issue?)

Possibly. Most of your points are well taken
(and I agree) but using style tags mainly becomes
an issue in a group-publishing environment.
For one-off publishing, it doesn't really matter,
though you would expect it to be a matter of
habit for most of us.

I find that fitting content to page-space for
a resume or CV can be a very fussy job
requiring a lot of manual nudging and shoe-horning.

--
Mike West
Melbourne