[austechwriter] Re: Resumes are a show case for a Tech Writer

  • From: "John Brooke" <John_Brooke@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 09:20:26 +1000

Steve,

I've tried twice to send off a zippy resume, based on the Harvard Busines=
School idea of a "Sales Brochure" about yourself.  It had all the right
attributes, clear , concise, positive and to-the-point.  I received two
replies: "Please send us a detailed CV".  Maybe Australian HR folks aren'=
ready for this yet?

regards

John Brooke
NEMMCO Melbourne
Information Services - Better solutions for a better market

|---------+---------------------------------->
|         |           "Steve Hudson"         |
|         |           <cruddy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx|
|         |           u>                     |
|         |           Sent by:               |
|         |           austechwriter-bounce@fr|
|         |           eelists.org            |
|         |                                  |
|         |                                  |
|         |           02/07/2003 07:42 PM    |
|         |           Please respond to      |
|         |           austechwriter          |
|         |                                  |
|---------+---------------------------------->
=20 >--------------------------------------------------------------------=
------------------------------------------|
=20 |                                                                    =
=20                                         |
=20 |       To:       <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                      =
=20                                         |
=20 |       cc:                                                          =
=20                                         |
=20 |       Subject:  [austechwriter] Re: Resumes are a show case for a T=
ech Writer                                |
=20 >--------------------------------------------------------------------=
------------------------------------------|

I was specifically trying to talk about sending in a great resume with no=

cover letter. The resume seems to be all the agencies want, so you do up =
good one and rip it off each time. No cover letter. Is this good enough?
<shrugs>

Steve Hudson

Word Heretic, Sydney, Australia
Tricky stuff with Word or words for you.
Email:      steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Products:   http://www.geocities.com/word_heretic/products.html
Spellbooks: 728 pages of dump left and dropping...