[austechwriter] Re: Read Me First in Oz .. news from Dymocks

  • From: "Elizabeth Fullerton" <Elizabeth.Fullerton@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 10:48:23 +1000

We get a 10% discount (I think it's 10%?) from the Technical Bookshop in
Melbourne (Swanston St). Though the last time I was in there the only
dictionary they had was the second volume of the Shorter Oxford. Not
amazingly useful. Though it would provide some interesting constraints
for your writing.

I prefer to go to Reader's Feast (cnr Swanston + Bourke). With their
fidelity program, every six months you receive a book voucher to the
value of 10% of your purchases of the previous six months. So you
effectively get a 10% discount (which you just *have* to spend on
books!). Though it can be a little scary if you receive a voucher for
$70 and then do the maths.

Dymocks also has a fidelity program, but I think you only get around 8%
- at least, they give me a voucher for around $8 every once in a while,
and it's not quite as gratifying as receiving a bigger voucher in the
mail.

Also, Angus and Robertson have a standard 20% discount on all computing
books (at least, their store on Elizabeth St does).