[austechwriter] Re: Enter vs. Type

  • From: Kirsty.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 10:15:36 +1000

I think the next version of the Microsoft Manual of Style is due out in=20
November? I think that was the date I saw on Amazon.com when I was buying=20
"Read Me First" a week or two ago.

KT

Kirsty Taylor=20
Editor=20
? kirsty.taylor@xxxxxxxxxx
=C9 Tel +61 (0)7 3303 3221
=CA Fax +61 (0)7 3303 3257=20
=C8 Cell +61 (0)419197 502=20
Mincom. The People. The Experience. The Vision.=20
This transmission is for the intended addressee only and is confidential=20
information. If you have received this transmission in error, please=20
delete it and notify the sender. The contents of this e-mail are the=20
opinion of the writer only and are not endorsed by the Mincom Group of=20
companies unless expressly stated otherwise.=20

"Marcus Amann" <marcus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: austechwriter-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
06-08-2003 10:11 AM
Please respond to austechwriter

=20
        To:     <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
        cc:=20
        Subject:        [austechwriter] Re: Enter vs. Type

I had the same problem until I told my US colleagues that I followed the =3D
MS Style Guide.
Perhaps they were worried that the style looked too foreign and could =3D
adversely affect user acceptance in downtown Omaha.
They seemed happy enough that I was following some US standard.=3D20

Perhaps your case may be stronger if you showed them examples from MS =3D
documentation and point out that if your product integrates with MS =3D
products that this includes documentation styles - a seamless garment of =3D
desktop integration (albeit with user documentation that would be an =3D
undergarment).

Aren't MS publishing a new style guide soon?

Marcus Amann
Technical Publications Manager
TOWER Software

This e-mail message (and attachments) may contain information =3D
confidential to TOWER Software. If you are not the intended recipient =3D
you cannot use, distribute or copy the message or message attachments. =3D
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by =3D
return e-mail immediately and delete all copies of the message and =3D
attachments. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message =3D
and attachments that do not relate to the official business of TOWER =3D
Software, are not given or endorsed by it.