[austechwriter] Re: Bogus positions and similar traps

Yes Steve (Hudson),

It is the second or third time that I have had to write such responses in
the past year.

The situation for bogus jobs and ravenous (vultureous?) recruiters appears
to have become far worse of late, as more recruiters swarm around the ever
diminishing contract work honey pot.  (Sorry about the mixing of metaphors
there but, if it doesn't metaphor you, it doesn't metaphor me.)

I usually vet them on the phone, too, but more and more (especially with
recruiters in faraway places going for work in my locale, as was the case
here) the only manageable and economical way to contact them is by E-mail.

My home / office phone line is mainly for Internet access and my mobile is
mainly for incoming calls and outgoing SMS or the bills can get extreme.

Cheers,

Michael Granat
Write Ideas