[audacity4blind] Re: directx plugins in audacity?

  • From: "David R. Sky" <davidsky@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 09:48:19 -0700 (PDT)

Hi again Hank,

the place to get the VST enabler is from www.audacityteam.org/vst , if you want to install and use VST plugs.

David

On Thu, 15 Jun 2006, David R. Sky wrote:

Hi Hank,

At this time Audacity can use VST, Nyquist and Ladspa plug-ins, not Directx. On the Audacity Wiki located somewhere at www.audacityteam.org there is a list of VST plug-ins which work well with Audacity, and there are two places to get Nyquist plug-ins http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/nyquistplugins and www.shellworld.net/~davidsky/plug-ins.htm .

To use VST plug-ins, you need to copy the VST enabler file into the plug-ins folder where you put all plug-ins. Nyquist plug-ins can be run in Audacity without any extra files.

I don't recall off the top of my head where the VST enabler can be retrieved from.

David

On Thu, 15 Jun 2006, hank wrote:

 hello how do I enable directx plugins in audacity
 none of mine are showing up.
 thanks
 73
 hank smith