[audacity4blind] Re: Recording Skype conversations.

  • From: David Bailes <david_bailes@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 May 2012 10:38:21 +0100 (BST)

Hi Gene,
just to clarify a couple of points.

Gale was suggesting using the listen option, if the sound card hasn't got
hardware playthrough, so that the microphone is included in the stereo mix. In
practice, I've found that using the listen option for this purpose isn't very
satisfactory as there's a delay and you hear what you say a little bit after
you've said it, and this is very distracting.

Which recording device Audacity uses for recording is set within Audacity, not
by setting which recording device is the windows default. The only time that
Audacity pays any attention to which device is the windows default is the first
time you run audacity.