[audacity4blind] Leland, partially working now!

Great, after you suggested something to fix equalabl.ny, I looked at it again - I'd done some incorrect math. Fixed it up so it's _almost_ working properly. The current default settings set labels every ten seconds. When I explore the label track, it's about once every five seconds, and the label text gets put in correctly! Yay, thanks leland for your suggestion!

It's attached to this post, equalabl.ny if ya wanna try it out. Oh, and something weird - when I explore the label track using edit labels under the track menu, Window Eyes does not read the text when I use the up and down arrows, I have to move from one label to the next using the up/down arrows, then move right and left, which causes those cells to be read. I'm using demo version of WE5.5.

Thanks again!

David

--
David R. Sky
http://www.shellworld.net/~davidsky/

;version 2

;type analyze

;name "Regular interval label track..."

;action "Generating equally-spaced labels to the label track..."

;info "equalabl.ny by David R. Sky www.shellworld.net/~davidsky/nyquist.htm
\nReleased under terms of the GNU Public License"

;control time "time interval between labels [seconds]" int "" 10 1 600

;control add-numbers "Add numbers at start of labels [0=no 1=yes]" int "" 1 0 1

;control text "Text to add to labels" string "" "Label"

; Regular interval label track by David R. Sky, June 23, 2007.

; http://www.shellworld.net/~davidsky/nyquist.htm

; Thanks to Sami from the Audacity users list for suggestion

; Thanks to Alex S. Brown's silencemarker.ny

; for example code of setting labels on the label track

; testing in Audacity 1.3.3 results in no Nyquist errors,

; but trying to read or edit labels results in screen reader crashing

; Released under terms of the GNU Public License

; http://www.opensource.org/licenses/gpl-license.php

; calculate number of samples between two successive labels

; we leave this as a float number since it will be used in later calculations

(setf samps (float (/ len time)))

; convert samps to time in seconds

(setf t-samps (/ samps *sound-srate*))

; calculate number of labels in selection

; this includes the label at start of selection

(setf labels (+ 1 (truncate (/ len samps))))

; initialize blank label track

(setq l nil)

; function to add new items to the list of labels

; from silencemarker.ny by Alex S. Brown

(defun add-label (l-time l-text)

 (setq l (cons (list l-time l-text) l)))

; function to prepend label number before label text

(defun label-text (i text)

(format nil "~a~a" i text))

; add the labels

(dotimes (i labels)

(if (= add-numbers 1) ; add numbers at start of label text?

(add-label (* i t-samps) (label-text i text)) ; yes

(add-label (* i t-samps) text) ; no

) ; end if

) ; end dotimes

; return label track