[audacity4blind] Another new member says hello!

  • From: "Billy Littlejohn" <blittlejohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 07:16:47 -0500

Hey, Guys!

Billy Littlejohn here, and no, I am not making that up... it really is my name! <smile> I am tickled pink to find this list, because I had a friend who sent me an mp3 of herself saying hello, and I flipped. I thought how wonderful this would be, considering that I have family overseas in Quito, Ecuador, South America. My sister and her family are missionaries there.

However, there was one problem... she used Sound Forge, which as most of you probably know, is as expensive as a big dog! I began my quest for more, shall we say, economical ways of getting the same thing done, and voila, I found you guys! I have other ambitions as well... I am a guitar player, and have been for almost 32 years, and desire to get back into some multi-track recording. One of my degrees is in recording engineering, and sometimes, I miss the magic atmosphere of the studio. I know that Audacity cannot replace that atmosphere, but the magic of making something spectacular out of small bits of ordinary things, can be a real thrill. <smile>

Well, I won't write a book here, but I am sure that I will find this list to be extremely useful. Thanks to the creators of this list, and to all of you for your contributions both past, and future as well!

Billy Littlejohn
"Every offer I make is a 'blind' offer!"

The audacity4blind website is at
http://users.northlc.com/sberry/