[athenaeum] Re: SCISWeb

  • From: Desiree de Kleynen <desiree@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <athenaeum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 09:22:55 +1200

on 26/7/02 8:19 AM, Joanna Baynes at j.baynes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Rob - can we use SCISWeb to download catalogue records? If so, does anyone
> use it? And in what format?
> Joanna Baynes
Yes, you can (see previous newsletters and our website for more details).
The process is fairly straightforward, and we have a number of schools that
use the service, with very positive feedback.

*If any current users are reading this - any feedback on usability, etc?*

the SCIS web site is:

The subscription goes per calendar year, and the cost depends on the school
roll. Athenaeum users are given a 30% discount off the standard cost. (see
    www.curriculum.edu.au/scis/subscribe/2002/nz.htm for 2002 costs)

The format that data is downloaded can be decoded using our MARC utility
(free of charge to any Athenaeum Pro users) and then imported into

We've had several schools catalog their entire library within days using the
SCIS Web service.

You can unsubscribe from the Athenaeum list by sending email to
athenaeum-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe' in the Subject field.

Athenaeum Home Page: <http://www.sumware.co.nz/athenaeum/Athenaeum.html>