[astronews] IAAS Monthly Astronomy Newsletter (Correction)

  • From: Burness Ansell <ki0ar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Astronomy Newsletter <astronews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2010 12:34:53 -0700 (PDT)

Hello everyone,In my haste to get this out, I forgot to update the
Observational Opportunities. Remember, you don't need any special equipment to
enjoy these opportunities, hopefully just dark skies and warm evenings.
Observational Opportunities
* The Perseid meteor shower peaks on the 12. Enjoy many evenings of "shooting
stars" under warm August nights between August 6 - 18.

* On the evening of the 13th, look for the Moon passing under Venus, Mars and
Saturn.
Happy observing!Burness AnsellEditor/WebmasterIAAS Monthly Astronomy Newsletter