[astronews] Fwd: SSA Deep Impact Inside Scoop #3 & 4

  • From: Burness Ansell <ki0ar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Astronomy Newsletter <astronews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 07:03:04 -0700 (PDT)

Deep Impact impactor to collide with Comet Tempel 1 night of July 3/4. Tempel 1
is located almost
dead center in the constellation of Virgo, just slightly north and slightly
east of Jupiter, low
in the southwest. Actually, it much closer to Spica almost due southwest.
Enjoy,
Clear skies and keep looking up,
Burness Ansell,
SSA Colorado

> Deep Impact: The Inside Scoop
>  From Mission Scientist, Lucy McFadden
>
> June 20, 2005
>
> It?s official. The time of impact remains at 05:52 UT (+/- 3 minutes),
(July 4 01:52 am EDT, July 4 12:52 am CDT, July 3 11:52 pm MDT, July 3 10:52 pm
PDT)

<http://www.noao.edu/outreach/press/pr05/pr0505.html>http://www.noao.edu/outreach/press/pr05/pr0505.html

<http://www.newsdesk.umd.edu/sociss/release.cfm?ArticleID=1087>http://www.newsdesk.umd.edu/sociss/release.cfm?ArticleID=1087

http://mail.yahoo.com