[askdba] ** materialized view log

  • From: A Joshi <ajoshi97@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: askdba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 08:41:08 -0800 (PST)

Hi,
  Recently I incresed the column length in a table that has a materialized view
log on it. Update to the column with increased length is not working. I am
planning to recreate the mv log.  Before that I would like to extract the mv
log definition so I can use the same for re-creating it. I want to be careful
and follow the exact steps. Anything else I need to do? I did find the table
mlog$_<table_name>. I assume this gets created when the mv log is created.

When I delete the mv log then I assume all objects that depend on the mv log
have to be complete refreshed. There could be objects in other databases that
depend on it and I do not know how to find those. What would happen if I delete
the mv log and recreate it and after that one of the dependent objects tries to
do a refresh. Will it get an error or will it just changes after the
re-creation. Thanks for your help.

 The all-new My Yahoo! ? Get yours free!