[askdba] Re: how to rebuild oraInventory if currupted.

  • From: "Ankur Shah" <ankur_ora@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <askdba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Oracle-L Freelists" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "dba gurus" <dba_gurus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 15:45:57 -0400

Chirag...

Try recreating a new OraInvetory as

=================================

If there are other products installed through the OUI, create a copy of the
oraInst.loc file (depending on the UNIX system,

 possibly in /etc or /var/opt/oracle).

Modify the inventory_loc parameter to point to a different location for the
OUI to create the oraInventory directory.

 Run the installer using the -invPtrLoc parameter

(eg: runInstaller -invPtrLoc /PATH/oraInst.loc).

 This will retain the existing oraInventory directory and create a new one
for use by the new product ( which in your case should be where the
OraInventory was copied over )

HTHU

Ankur Shah

Oracle DBA