[askdba] Re: help needed

  • From: Nisar Tareen <ntareen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vijay k singh <kush0812@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 07:29:43 -0800 (PST)

Vijay,

If you have  9i  Server Version Disks,   EnterPrise Manager is on those disks
and you can install it and  Logminer is a part of it.

Else set it as following

You direct LogMiner operations using the DBMS_LOGMNR and DBMS_LOGMNR_D PL/SQL
packages, and retrieve data of interest using the V$LOGMNR_CONTENTS view, as
follows:

Specify a LogMiner dictionary.

Use the DBMS_LOGMNR_D.BUILD procedure or specify the dictionary when you start
LogMiner (in Step 3), or both, depending on the type of dictionary you plan to
use.

Specify a list of redo log files for analysis.

Use the DBMS_LOGMNR.ADD_LOGFILE procedure, or direct LogMiner to create a list
of log files for analysis automatically when you start LogMiner (in Step 3).

Start LogMiner.

Use the DBMS_LOGMNR.START_LOGMNR procedure.

Request the redo data of interest.

Query the V$LOGMNR_CONTENTS view.

End the LogMiner session.

Use the DBMS_LOGMNR.END_LOGMNR procedure.

You must have been granted the EXECUTE_CATALOG_ROLE role to use the LogMiner
PL/SQL packages and to query the V$LOGMNR_CONTENTS view.

above from  (Oracle Database Utility ) ref. for furthur information.

Nisar Tareen

vijay k singh <kush0812@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dear Nisar Tareen,

i want to know about Oracle Management Server...Installation etc. where i can
get this. bcox i want to use the logminer utility

kinldy help me from where i can get these details about it. I m using Oracle 9i
R2 version

thanks

vijay k.s. kushwah