[askdba] Re: [dba_gurus] hi...database performance?

  • From: Nisar Tareen <ntareen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Ananth Antony <ananth_a_75@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2005 12:34:16 -0800 (PST)

Ananth,

Take the sql quireies out of  Java and run them idependently and it the result
is better than what it is running  within  java, You can have a different type
of  discussion with the java developers,  Is the Java code is running out side
oracle or within oracle?

Increase the java related parameter within the database, and check the over all
machine performance.

Good Luck.

Nisar Tareen

Ananth Antony <ananth_a_75@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi All...
My users were complaining that the database was slow most of the time. when i
get the hit ratio it gives an excellent result..
pupils are using JAVA application to connect and manipulate data with the
database...
how can i know whether the slowness is really in the database.
[lobs are used..total user segment capacity is more than 1GB. and also using
automatic undo segment mgmt)

Thanks in advance
Ananth

Yahoo! Groups Links