[askdba] Re: [dba_gurus] Only selected IP can login to 10G database

  • From: Nisar Tareen <ntareen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Akram Shalaby <akramsh@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 22:49:20 -0700 (PDT)

 I had last used this type of  restricted access IP address in 9i database.

As Your question is about 10g   so for sure  Connection Manager is available in
10G.

I did not understand your question  regarding 8i.

If you want to know the details about implementation, Please go though the
documentation.

Nisar  Tareen

Akram Shalaby <akramsh@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Is this applicable to 8i database?
How can I do that?
Is it a listner parameter, or a database event trigger?

Akram ShalabyNetwork EngineerMist-Net
NOCakramsh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx===================

Nisar Tareen wrote: Use Connection Manager,  and define only the specific IP
address can access your Database.

Nisar Tareen

Ahmed Huq <zubayer440@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Friends,
How can i select specific IP/'s, from only those machine can login to my Oracle
10G database.
Any of you, please give me the solution or hints to go that path.

Thanks
Zubayer