[askdba] Re: [dba_gurus] How to load & extract an Image(TIF) file into/from Oracle-BLOB?

  • From: "Justin Cave (DDBC)" <jcave@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Thiagoo" <thiagoodba@xxxxxxxxx>, <dba_gurus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <askdba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 19:49:27 -0600

First, error numbers and a code sample would be helpful.

Second, you need to be using 9i or later to be able to read & write
binary data via UTL_FILE.  You also need to use the PUT_RAW function
rather than using PUT.

That doesn't explain the file handle error-- are you sure that you
opened the file first?

Justin Cave  <jcave@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Distributed Database Consulting, Inc.
http://www.ddbcinc.com