[askdba] Re: [dba_gurus] How to get entire production database information

  • From: Nisar Tareen <ntareen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Arun Uniyal <arununiyalocp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 16:26:31 -0800 (PST)

Arun,

You are correct,  But I wish people should do some effort,  so I guide in a
direction and rest is for them,  I don't like  spoon feeding.

Most in the group do not do their part of work and wish 100% solution. in some
cases it is valid but in most as this one,  I wish the writer should do some
effort to get the correct answer, so I guide him to  V$ tables and rest is for
the fellow to follow the path......

Thanks.

Nisar Tareen
Arun Uniyal <arununiyalocp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

Though  Select * from V$database gives a list of summary but not the complete
set of information.

You have to use combination of Dictionary views to achieve this.

ARUN

Nisar Tareen <ntareen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Try , Select * from V$database;

Nisar Tareen

don karnash <donkarnash@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi I was wondering if there is a way to get all the information about a
database like version, whether it is in archive mode or not, if the control
files are multiplexed, where are the redo log files stored, tablespace &
datafiles info etc.