[askdba] Re: [dba_gurus] How to find the OS Storage type?

  • From: Sunil Bhola <oraclebhola@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Thiagoo <thiagoodba@xxxxxxxxx>, oracle_champions@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, askdba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, dba_gurus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 01:59:04 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Everybody,

Try this :-

 DECLARE
 PORT VARCHAR2(200);
 A VARCHAR2(200);
 B VARCHAR2(200);
 C VARCHAR2(200);
 BEGIN
 PORT:= DBMS_UTILITY.PORT_STRING;
 A:=PORT;
 B:=SUBSTR(PORT,1,INSTR(PORT,'-')-1);
 C:=SUBSTR(PORT,INSTR(PORT,'-')+1);
 DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE(RPAD('PORT',20,' ')||LPAD('O/S',20,' ')||LPAD('VERSION
',20,' '));
 DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE(RPAD(A,20,' ')||LPAD(B,20,' ')||LPAD(C,20,' '));
 END;
 /

2) i think you did some typo. The things are SPFILE and pfile...
Please find the attached file for SPFILE description

Regards,

QUERIES in Oracle, Feel free to Join:

Regards,

Sunil Bhola

Oracle_Expert, Moderator

Thiagoo <thiagoodba@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
HI,

1.How can I find the OS storage type? Which command should I execute to find
this?

Mine is Oracle 8.1.7 and 9.2.0.4
OS :- AIX 5.1

2.What's the advantage of pfile over init.ora?

PS:- If somebody is having hot/cold/RMAN backup/restore scripts, pls forward
the same to me.

-TIA,
Thiagu

Technical support outsourcing Online technical support Technical support
Computer technical support Database administrator Technical support software

Yahoo! for Good