[askdba] Re: [dba_gurus] Data from snapshots to tables!!

  • From: Nisar Tareen <ntareen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Sachin Saxena <sachin_oradba@xxxxxxxxxxx>, dba_gurus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2005 13:51:12 -0800 (PST)

Your idea of replication is more feasiable,  but if do not need information in
a specific time, export and import can also work fine as everynight.
But Replication is the solution for you.
Nisar Tareen
Sachin Saxena <sachin_oradba@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have already posted this question once.

I have to do the execise like that...

1. My server is at remote location say Delhi where it have more that 350 tables
which are updating as users inserts,update or delete the records.

2. I have to take all that date from Delhi to Mumbai, For that purpose I have
created snapshots on that table(Dehli) on my site ie. Mumbai.

ex. if the table name is Itemmaster at delhi than the Snapshot is
Snp_Itemmaster at Mumbai which are refeshing on different time intervel.

This execise is working fine and I am able to replicate all the data

I am having the same a database at Mumbai (at which the snapshots) have the
same tables with exactly the same data structure. like Itemmaster at delhi is
also In Mumbai.

Now I have to transfer all the data from Snapshots to the table in Mumbai on
reguler basis.

Some advice me that Multimaster Replication is usefull for that.

What I have done for temparory basis that I use merge command for merging
tables with snapshots and create a procedure for that and use in schedude with
the squence of perent first and than child tables.

But the Merge statment is not usefull for deleted rows and the procedure run
for all the tables in respect of whether any changes or not.

Please send me a prectical feasiable solution.

Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

Yahoo! Groups Links

   To visit your group on the web, go to:

Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!