[askdba] Re: [dba_gurus] .....ABOUT TOAD>...... It's an illegal request?

  • From: Nisar Tareen <ntareen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: DBA cool <orcl_dba@xxxxxxxxx>, dba gurus <dba_gurus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 06:25:19 -0700 (PDT)

It was a straight forward opinion the way I feel and the norm of today's
reality with the copyright laws.

I had mentioned that instead of sending and requesting copies gurus should
guide new ones to appropriate web sites.

Sorry, if I had gone over board.

For so called DBA's.

There are 3 types of Professionals in this group.

       1.   Give and Give...  Give advice, scripts and time for the community
because once

                           They were in No. 2 category.

       2.    Study, Try to make an attempt to do some thing and if fails ask
for guidance and

                        correction.

                            (Will be real successful in future.)

       3. So Call DBA.   Got the job?God knows how" have no guts to tell their
bosses that

                 I am not qualified to do this job and send the problem
straight to the forum to

                 Do all for them; these guys are harmful for real qualified
DBA's. Most of the time

                 Over the years I had seen them that they are nuisance for real
DBA's in the shop

                 Because they have no clue and do not have complete concept of
the issue and its

                 Solution in the overall implication in the shop technology.
If we do not help them

                 They will die soon and the qualified DBA can have that job.

Regards.

Nisar Tareen

DBA cool <orcl_dba@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
hmm though ur reply is quite harsh i guess. still i would like to say that
there are quite a bit of tools for oracle .. so u dont know about  mans.

so you should also think that it is quite likely that i didnt know that its a
licensed software or not. other wise i would have gone throug my company to
purchase it .. definitly..

and this groups purpose is alwasy i ffeel that seniors to guide juniors not to
demean them..

hope u got the point .... \
rest is upto you ..

best regards .. to you ..

and stil i would like to say that ur words. " So called DBA" hurts me alot ..

and surely i hope that after spending some yars .. as DBA i would be able to
clear that TAG out of me ..

Thanks for giving me utmost motivation now ..

Nisar Tareen <ntareen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Not DBA cool, to ask for a copy of software like this on a public domain is
illegal, it is licensed software.

Please avoid such request and other respected Senior members to guide them to
company's web site and not to send illegal copies of copyright Material.

IT industries professionals and future professionals should work within the
self governance and respect of others material and intellectual property.
That's how we all make money?

Please help DBA's and not so called DBA's in the industry, the question they
ask can easy tell you of your peers and the others.

Regards.

Nisar Tareen

DBA cool <orcl_dba@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi to all of you

I would be highly thankful if any one of you could plz send me the TOAD 7 or 8

.. i have download that edeonkey... software and try to search for toad and
still unable to find anything ..

I need it urgently so if anyone  can send the software downloaded one .. i will
iinstall it soon .

thnx alot for your kind help ..
best regards to all of you .

Yahoo! Mail