[askdba] Re: Windows Oracle Service

  • From: "Kurian Abraham" <kzabraham@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <askdba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 11:55:47 +0530

I'll go with ganesh
Use Oradim

-----Original Message-----
From: askdba-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:askdba-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Deepa S. Kale
Sent: Tuesday, October 05, 2004 11:47 AM
To: askdba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: askdba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; askdba-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [askdba] Re: Windows Oracle Service

do not restart the server...
stop other not required services and go to command prompt
and manually start service
net start oracleservice<dbid>

Deepa Kale -DBA
Jyoti Structures - Nasik(IT)

=20

             Ganesh Raja

             <ganesh.raja@gmai

             l.com>
To=20
             Sent by:                  askdba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

             askdba-bounce@fre
cc=20
             elists.org

=20
Subject=20
                                       [askdba] Re: Windows Oracle
Service=20
             05-10-2004 12:29

             AM

=20

=20

             Please respond to

             askdba@freelists.

                    org

=20

=20

Nope it will not ..

On Mon, 4 Oct 2004 13:58:40 -0400, Rajesh Puneyani
<rajpuneyani@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Ganesh,
>
> I myself hate to restart the server..That was the reason I wanted an
> alternate solution.
>
> Just to doublecheck - If I delete and Recreate that windows service
> ORACLESERVICE<<DBname>> then would it impact the database at all.
>
> Thanks for the quick response.
> Regds
>

> On Mon, 4 Oct 2004 18:54:09 +0100, Ganesh Raja <ganesh.raja@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> > What you can do is use the oradim command and delete that Service
Key
> > and Insert a New One.. Maybe if you do that it will sart working.
> >
> > [I will not say restart the Box .. I hate that ... Even my Laptop i
> > tend not to restart it.. There should be a way without restarting
> > things in Windows !!!!]
> >
> > Cheers
> > Ganesh R
> >
> > On Mon, 4 Oct 2004 13:42:12 -0400, Rajesh Puneyani
> >

> > <rajpuneyani@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > Hi guys,
> > >
> > > Some of our databases are on Oracle 8i/Win 2k.
> > >
> > > Recently one of my fellow DBAs tried to restart an Oracle Database
> > > service (after moving server from one domain to another domain).
The
> > > service got stopped properly but on the way back to start, it
failed
> > > and it is still showing 'RESTARTING' and it is happening for the
past
> > > 24 hours.
> > >
> > > The database looks ok but service does not ? How to clean start
that
service ?