[askdba] Re: Why its not creating table

  • From: Nisar Tareen <ntareen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: askdba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 05:40:15 -0800 (PST)

Narayan,

Grant quota on the tablespace to the user.

Nisar Tareen

drumil narayan <drumilnarayan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dear All,

I created user, given him connect, create session,
create any table privs.

and tried to create a table, it gave me the error as
insuffcient privs for creating the table in
tablespace_name.
i checked the default tablespace of the user it was
the same as mentioned in error..
then i assigned him dba privs, then it was able to
create the table..

even i dropped the user twice...still the error
persists..

can somebody point me what is the error, i do not want
to give the user dba privs, but he should be able to
create table..

what should i do..

TIA..Drumil