[askdba] Re: Upgrading 8174 to 92078

  • From: Nisar Tareen <ntareen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: askdba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, dba Group <dba_gurus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 19:42:52 -0800 (PST)

First. Lets  look at the explanation to ORA-000064 error  dose it make sense.
      ORA-00064: object is too large to allocate on this O/S num, num  Cause:
The initialization parameter DB_BLOCK_SIZE is set to a value that calls for
more contiguous space than can be allocated on the operating system being used.
  Action: Reduce the value of DB_BLOCK_SIZE so that the requested contiguous
space is within the capacity of the operating system.

  Secondly.  Check the alert log and it will help you in understanding the
sequence of events as they occured and  after the error what happen did the
database shutdown or crashed  etc.

  Fix the DB_BLOCK_SIZE and do the investigation of the cause of error and
restart the process.

  Finally.  I hope you have a good backup  cold and export of your 8.1.7
database, before you had started your upgrade project.  If not still not lost
much take backup FIRST.

  Good Luck.

  Nisar tareen

RAMA KORADA <RKORAD@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

      Hai.
Installed 9207 and currently upgrading DB 8174 to 9207 using DBUA during
upgrade iam getting ORA-1034, I got ORA-00064 i ignored it and iam getting
ORA-1034,
database 8174 was up before i stared database upgrade using DBUA.

  Please throw some light on this, ur help is greatly appreciated.

  Thanks
  krishna