[askdba] Re: Upgrade question

  • From: Nisar Tareen <ntareen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: askdba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 07:30:53 -0800 (PST)

In my opinion ,  the senario you are saying is not posible.
But  May be the following two can work.
               1.   Repication from 8i  to  9i.
               2.   Transport table spaces.
Think your option and study the above 2, and let other gurus give their opinon
that the above two are posible.   my 2 cents.
Nisar Tareen

Joe Zitnik <JZitnik@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
We're about to migrate from Oracle 8i to Oracle 9i. We don't have a
very large window of down time. So we dump the data out of Oracle 8i.
While we are importing the data in to our Oracle 9i database, is there
any way we could continue using our 8i database, and then roll the
changes that occur in the 8i database while we are performing the data
import in to the 9i database. I guess what I am asking is: is there
some way to roll 8i archivelogs in to a 9i database, or an equivalent
process? I am confused just reading my own question, but if anyone
understands, I'd appreciate it.

Do you Yahoo!?