[askdba] Strange Problem with TNSPING

  • From: Rajesh Puneyani <rajpuneyani@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: askdba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 13:28:21 -0400

Hi guys,

I have this very strange problem with TNSPING.

My tnsnames.ora file had IP Address (rather than server names)
hardcoded for databases and now those IP Address are changed (but
server names remain the same) and I have changed those old IP
Addresses to SERVER NAMES.

But now when I TNSPING those databases then it is still trying to
resolve the database alias from old IP Address and it is not picking
up the SERVER name.

Used TNSNAMES adapter to resolve the alias
Attempting to contact (DESCRIPTION = (ADDRESS_LIST = (ADDRESS =
(PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx)(PORT = 1521))) (CONNECT_DATA

Here xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is the old IP address

Am I missing something here ? Is there anything cached that I needed to clear ?

Thanks and Regards