[askdba] Steps for Database creation(8i) in Windows

  • From: Thiagoo <thiagoodba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thiagoodba@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 14:29:13 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I require to do an export from a PROD database and import into a DEV database.
The current DEV database has some JAVA problems, so I need to create a fresh
database in DEV and import the data from the PROD database.

Oracle 8i and Windows is the env.

I'm giving an overview of the steps, Pls confirm or give me the right steps to
do this.

1.Create a service with oradim
2.Create orapwd file
3.Create init.ora files and modify the parameters to reflect the new DB.
4.Create database statement....!
TIA,
Thiagu

Yahoo! for Good